Bluelearn The Game-Changing Ed-Tech Start-Up :
Bluelearn Case Study : While the world caught during the pandemic COVID-19. The places tens of millions misplaced their lives, family, jobs, and income are being wiped out day by day. In India, the entirety shut down, it is the worst factor that has befallen the nation.
But the accurate section is it has created recognition of our fitness and many different aspects. As the result of COVID-19 giving publicity to technology, the entirety is strolling remotely. Employees shifted to work from home. Students started e- learning.
Coming to our point
It has given an upward shove to many digital merchandise and services. Many organizations tailored to the new environment and New startups had been born in this pandemic. At some point, COVID-19 has raised and given significance to digital technology. Harish Yuthaykumar and his group have constructed a neighborhood of 40,000+ members. This neighborhood acknowledges as Bluelearn.
What Is Bluelearn?
By Bluelearn Case Study ,BlueLearn is India’s Largest Student Community. That grants a one-stop answer for college students to explore, examine & community with different. Like-minded college students from around the globe. Students from all backgrounds can socialize & upskill. That’s on an everyday foundation through free events, golf equipment & paid publications as well.
Ed-tech noticed a big enhancement for the duration of the pandemic. And BlueLearn is one of the structures that sincerely harness the energy. And that’s of the net to deliver college students collectively all over India, to analyze and grow.
Here are a few motives why we select BlueLearn as a neighborhood to go with-
BlueLearn is India’s Largest most energetic scholar neighborhood with 80,000+ members.
Since it used to be an early-stage start-up, there can be a lot of areas for improvement. Solving a big-time hassle of bridging. The hole between tier two-three faculties from getting top-rate community & studying opportunities.
What’s Fascinating it is?
BlueLearn founders Harish Uthayakumar and Shreyans Sancheti . Ed-tech platform BlueLearn raises Rs 3.25 cr in the pre-seed funding round.
In pre-seed funding spherical led via Lightspeed, Titan Capital, two am VC, and angel buyers such as Rahul Mathur, Gaurav Mandlecha, and Surabhi Randev additionally participated in the funding round. This is the first spherical led using 100X.VC.
About Founders :
Bluelearn Case Study tells that ,BlueLearn used to base in the past 12 months with the aid of Harish Uthayakumar and Shreyans Sancheti. Who are presently in their ultimate yr of electrical engineering at BITS Pilani. The startup plans to use the raised money to construct its core team, and rent new talent. And similarly, enhance its product to cater to its developing neighborhood of users.
It’s Facility For Students :
- Not depend on the place you’re from, get equal and free opportunities.
- Exclusive publicity to enterprise specialists and get a threat to research from them.
- Participate in excessive nice enticing occasions and analyze skills. And all of this for FREE!
- Private Live Classes
- Dive in-depth and analyze a talent from a professional via personal stay classes. Choose the talent you prefer to grasp and begin today!
What Students Can Learn From It :
- Learn Animation and Editing from a Creative Head at Monk-E
- Introduction to Data Structures & Algorithms in C++
- Learn UI/UX plan from a Microsoft designer
- Intro to Stock Market
- Intro to Game Design
- Basics of Blockchain
- Front-End/React Accelerator
- Build Real Projects with Python and Many more
Bluelearn’s Forbes Listing :
While nevertheless in college, Harish Uthayakumar and Shreyans Sancheti commenced BlueLearn in 2020 as a Telegram neighborhood for college students to are looking for solutions to questions. Recognizing the want to tackle out of date schooling requirements at lower-tier colleges, they pivoted to a social platform that approves college students to analyze real-life competencies from specialists for free, be a part of activity golf equipment and community with their peers. BlueLearn claims to have 85,000 college students from 4,000 colleges the use of its platform. It has raised $4 million in funding from traders which include Elevation Partners and Lightspeed India.
Education In The Post-Pandemic Era:
Online studying used to be the 2nd notion in minds of college students however for the duration of the crisis, it all at once grew to become the norm. Byju’s on my own registered 20 million college students on their platform which now has over 64 million students.
While Edtech Solves For Learning, It Doesn’t Clear Up For Social Elements Of Learning:
COVID-19 resulted in colleges shutting down throughout the world. Globally, over 1.2 billion adolescents had been out of the lecture room which led to a brilliant diploma of social isolation amongst students.
Students started out searching for alternate methods to socialize and community that’s when net communities got here into the picture.
Internet Communities To Facilitate Learning:
Internet communities can convey human beings collectively for purposes of collaboration, networking, boom, and dialogue around a frequent interest. An amazing way to extend one’s understanding and research new topics.
What Makes Neighborhood Studying So Cool?
- Learning with humans who share frequent dreams can be exciting and engaging.
- Find human beings to work and collaborate on projects.
- Network with skilled men and women to acquire extra knowledge.
- Get right of entry to job/internship opportunities.
Now that we have understood how studying has evolved, it’s time to see how BlueLearn makes gaining knowledge so fun!
Bluelearn Stats | Bluelearn Case Study :
BlueLearn has more than one thing to do going on inside the community, right here is the destroy down of the most vital ones.
About Clubs, Events, Courses, Social Events & Competitions | Bluelearn Case Study :
Clubs — BlueLearn golf equipment lets college students with comparable pastimes take part in discussions and debates.
Live Events — Students get to hear & engage with professionals from extraordinary domains & develop their information by way of these events.
Courses — These paid CBCs (cohort-based courses) with a restrained quantity of college students in the place the center of attention on mastering sensible competencies from enterprise mentors/experts.
Social Events — Social Events approves college students to categorize their creativity in many approaches like singing, poetry, taking part in music, painting, etc. They additionally have occasions like open mics and Blue Radio and so forth the place all and sundry jams together!
Competitions — From Hackathons to gaming tournaments, BlueLearn organizes normal activities for college students to compete & advance their spirit for the game!
The Students Makes Use Of This Platform To:
- Daily engage with every different with the aid of a variety of textual content and voice channels.
- Host events, meet-ups & Live talks.
- Hosting open-mics & jamming classes to socialize.
- Focus & learn through finding out about collective channels.
- Discuss unique matters in Club Channels that take place on an everyday basis.
Running such a big neighborhood is a hard task, consequently, BlueLearn has a whole of 26 Bots which helps them automate a range of duties and helps to run the neighborhood smoothly!
Bluelearn makes use of more than a few bots which assist them in more than one area such as-
- Playing Music
- Onboarding users, confirm & deny unauthorized access
- Server moderation, Activity log, and leveling
- Server economy, video games & memes
- Social media alerts
- Organizing polls
- Server stats
- Channel unique bots ( house theme, coding contest, create your very own VC, phrase practice)
- Miscellaneous (reminders, giveaways, free courses, counting)
Considering that WhatsApp is the most often used app on smartphones, BlueLearn well makes use of this platform for bulletins & updates. So that, if any of the neighborhood individuals who are now not energetic on different structures can be commonly up to date about several occasions and courses.
Most WhatsApp corporations are Admins Only (only admins have the get entry to ship messages) to keep away from chaos & focal point entirely on announcements.
They use WhatsApp for –
- Exclusive WhatsApp Groups for Club Announcements.
- Open WhatsApp agencies for usual match Announcements.
- Masterclasses which is additionally an area for college students to engage inside the paid course.
All the occasions & golf equipment both take place on Zoom or their Discord Stage. Zoom allows a greater human way of interplay as customers can hold their movies & these classes are additionally recorded & similarly shared on their social media handles (mostly YouTube).
They use Zoom for –
- Club Sessions
- Masterclass Live Sessions
Competitive Analysis :
Ed-tech is one of the most aggressive industries & there’s constantly a higher answer making its mark in the industry. Hence we determined to do an aggressive evaluation between BlueLearn & some of the most outstanding Ed-tech giants on the pillars on which online & neighborhood gaining knowledge of efficient functions.
Since we did now not get permission to habits a survey, we determined to spend a full week in the neighborhood discord server to engage with the customers in their herbal setting.
Weak Point Of It’s :
- Students typically found Bluelearn via Harish’s Youtube Channel and phrase of mouth.
- We Wanted to do a User Survey but…
- Observing the massive neighborhood measurement (40,000+ members) of the Bluelearn Discord, we desired to do a consumer survey to recognize the standpoint of the mass & get clearer insights into their trip & behavior patterns however, unfortunately, we didn’t get permission from the group to habits it in the community.
- Students now not solely community & speak about careers however additionally socialize greater on a human level.
- Due to the massive neighborhood size, now and then personal doubts go unanswered in textual content channels.
- Members regularly publish messages on the incorrect channel.
- During Club discussions, the dialog receives hijacked with the aid of a couple of contributors & they additionally tend to deflect from the theme of discussion.
- Most customers select to preserve their anonymity, therefore they pick out discord over zoom for discussions.
- Amongst all the voice channels Programming and English Communication are the most lively ones. Whereas English.Com is the oldest channel.
- Voice channels are most lively at some stage in the nighttime hours. (7 PM — three AM)
- With faculties transferring to zoom classes, the majority of college students desired to join & socialize with like-minded humans online.
- Most college students are formidable about their profession selections & therefore are curious to discover new competencies & domains.
- Most college students felt overwhelmed when they first joined the Bluelearn Discord as they noticed an of lot channels at first glance.
- People discover it challenging to navigate between more than one channel inside the server.
- Members bond higher when they interact with every different VCs(voice channels). They additionally locate it simpler to have interaction with VCs than on textual content channels.
- Community contributors interact extra on occasions organized through Bluelearn.
- Bluelearn runs through the neighborhood participants & is no longer established on any single person’s manufacturer identify for the engagement.
- With college/school commitments, it is difficult for college students to attend stay lessons subsequently they pick structured recorded lessons over them.
- The majority of college students don’t have an unbiased supply of income, therefore they select free sources for studying beginner-level skills.
Major Pain Points From Bluelearn Case Study :
- Users discover it tough to navigate & receives overwhelmed when they open Discord.
- The majority of customers don’t get to make contributions to discussions due to the fact of the massive measurement of individuals becoming a member of in.
- Making pals in open voice channels with several contributors is hard.
- Users are now not continually conscious of bulletins around their activity as they get misplaced with different bulletins & updates.
- Users get stressed due to more than one occasion & energetic channels walking simultaneously.
- Solutions & Suggestions
- Based on the insights distilled before we got here up with a bunch of guidelines to decorate the trip of the neighborhood members.
Improving Discovery For Like-Minded People :
People discover it difficult to add cost in open channels with 100s of human beings & therefore discovery dies in the first place. Hence, Integrating/developing a bot that helps contributors to shape an interest-specific brief voice channel that allows discussions & networking.
How Would It’s Work? | Bluelearn Case Study :
Community Members request the bot for quite some interests.
BOT rolls out a structured weekly that consists of the four most requested pursuits & individuals can pick out a hobby that they would love to talk about upon.
BOT will create personal audio rooms for all the hobbies listed in the structure & sends invite hyperlinks privately to participants for the audio room for that interest.
Tracking retention in channels, getting rid of useless or repetitive channels, and clubbing channels with comparable functions which go collectively can assist to shape the server to supply a seamless neighborhood ride whilst contributors engage.
Using Discord Roles Like A Pro :
Bluelearn Case Study tells that ,Roles are a signal of fame in the neighborhood subsequently they can use to gamify the experience.
Using lesser however greater fantastic & eliminating redundant roles ought to act as a superb motivator.
I solely see what I wanna see. Opening up channels solely for the chosen pastimes alternatively than displaying all the channels can assist an individual’s focal point greater & navigating better. Even even though the neighborhood is doing this, it nonetheless has some inconsistencies which can improve.
Improving Club discussions:
Club discussions have many individuals becoming a member which both consequences in too an awful lot of chatter or conversations using few members. Hence, growing moderation which helps in accommodating the discussions would expand participation.
My Top Three Learnings From Bluelearn Case Study :
- Working in a group is greater about collaboration than a division of work, every person must utilize their strengths & enhance their weaknesses.
- Research is a countless procedure & it’s effortless to get diverted from Research Goal. Hence querying WHY at every step is very important.
- Users don’t continually suggest what they say, consequently, lookup questions & insights have to center in the direction of discovering frequent patterns than man or woman feedback.
1 thought on “Bluelearn Case Study”
Awsome article buddy. Keep it on. Waiting for more articles like this